Wednesday, March 29, 2017 from 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM
The Health Disparities Mountain of Excellence has transformed into the Mountaineer Health Initiative.
We are hosting a multidisciplinary panel on Appalachian poverty and its impact on health outcomes, which will be moderated by WVU Provost Joyce McConnell.
Objectives are to examine the issue from different perspectives and determine the role
WVU can play in providing meaningful solutions.
- Valarie Blake, J.D., WVU College of Law
- Rita Colistra, Ph.D., WVU Reed College of Media
- Lynne Cossman, Ph.D., WVU Eberly College of Arts and Sciences (Sociology)
- John Deskins, Ph.D., WVU College of Business and Economics
- Clay Marsh, M.D., WVU School of Medicine and Health Sciences Center
- Travis Stimeling, Ph.D., WVU College of Creative Arts (Music)
- David Weissman, M.D., WVU School of Medicine and National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
Time for Q&A and networking will follow the panel presentation.
Please RSVP to Rick Remish at
email@example.com by March 20.
Wednesday, March 29
4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
The Erickson Alumni Center Salon A-B
Hosted by the Mountaineer Health Initiative and WVCTSI