Dates have been scheduled for the upcoming residency application visits for this fall. After these visits, the applicants will be scored and ranked. One applicant will be selected to begin his/her residency in July 2018.
- October 23
- November 20
- December 11
1. Applications will be accepted via ERAS.
2. Applicants will be invited for an interview based on a review of the following factors:
a. performance on standardized tests,
b. medical school performance,
c. letters of recommendation,
d. personal statement,
e. extra-curricular activities,
f. research activities.
3. Applicants will be ranked on the basis of the preceding factors in combination with a subjective evaluation of the interview by the faculty.
4. Residents will be accepted via the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
5. If the program does not fill through the usual matching process, the position will be filled outside the match from available applicants. The most qualified individuals based on the above factors may be invited for interview.
6. Further information can be found in the institutional document Criteria for the Selection of Candidates. (http://medicine.hsc.wvu.edu/media/2577/criteria-for-selection-of-candidates-5-2008-nl.pdf)