Our residents have graduated from WVU and have gone on to prestigious fellowships and private practice with great success.
Since 2009, percentage of residents who are fellowship trained:
- 2009: 33% (1/3) - Pediatrics at University of Cincinnati
- 2010: 33% (2/6) - Chronic Pain x 2
- 2011: 20% (1/5) - Cardiothoracic at Cleveland Clinic
- 2012: 20% (1/5) - Chronic Pain at UPMC
- 2013: 66% (4/6) - Chronic Pain at University of Texas and UPMC, Pediatrics at UCLA, Critical Care/Neuroanesthesia
- 2014: 50% (3/6) - Cardiothoracic at Cleveland Clinic and University of Southern California, Chronic Pain at University of Maryland
- 2015: 33% (2/6) - Pediatrics at UPMC and Chronic Pain at Utah
- 2016: 40% (2/5) - Cardiothoracic at Mt. Sinai, Chronic pain at University of Cincinnati
Residents from the WVU Anesthesiology program have had tremendous success in board exams during and after residency.
Over the past 5 years:
Post-graduation written board pass rate 100%
Basic exam pass rate 92%
Oral board first time pass rate 87%
100% of graduates for the last 5 years are board certified (outside of new, board eligible graduates)