Websites with information about organizations and resources that are relevant to the work we do in DBT, and topics of interest to the people we serve.
- Dr. Marsha Linehan's Story
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Self-Injury Foundation
- National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- International Society for the Improvement and Teaching of DBT
- International Society for the Study of Self-Injury
- Disordered Eating Center of Charleston (DECC)
- Linehan Institute
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
Recommended Readings on DBT-Replated Topics
These suggestions come from our consultation team members, present and past, who have been inspired, influenced, or otherwise impacted by them.
Books on Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Doing Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Practical Guide by Kelly Koerner
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Clinical Practice: Applications Across Disorders and Settings by Linda Dimeff and kelly Koerner
Books on Mindfulness
- Where Ever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Get Out of Your Mind and Get into Your Life by Steven C. Hayes
- Things Might Go Terribly, Horribly Wrong: A Guide to a Life Liberated From Anxiety by Kelly G. Wilson & Troy Dufrene
- The Miracle of Mindfulnes by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing your Life with the Heart of a Buddha by Tara Brach
- Everyday Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck
Books on Mindfulness Just for Kids!
- Peaceful Piggy Meditation by Kerry Lee MacLean
- Sitting Still Like a Frog: Mindfulness Exercises for Kids (and their Parents) by Eline Snel
Books for Parents
- The Power of Validation: Arming Your Child Against Bullying, Peer-Pressure, Addiction, Self-Harm... by Karyn D. Hall & Melissa Cook
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Myla Kabat-Zinn & Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Effective Parenting for the Hard-to-Manage Child: A Skills-Based Book by Georgia DeGangi & Anne Kendall
- When Your Child is Cutting: A Parent's Guide to Helping Your Child Overcome Self-Injury by Sony Khemlani-Patel et al.
Books on Emotion Regulation
Handbook of Emotion Regulation by James J. Gross
Books on Borderline Personality Disorder
The Borderline Personality Disorder Survival Guide by Alexander Chapman & Kim Gratz
Books on Suicide and Non-Suicidal Self-Injury
- Why People Die by Suicide by Thomas Joiner
- Myths about Suicide by Thomas Joiner
- Understanding Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: Origins, Assessment, and Treatment by Matthew K. Nock
- Choosing to Live: How to Defeat Suicide Through Cognitive Therapy by Thomas Ellis & Cory Newman
Books on the Basics of Behavioral Principles
Don't Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor
Books on Science
- Good Science, Bad Science, Pseudoscience, and Just Plain Bunk: How to Tell the Difference by Peter A. Daempfle
- Paradox: The Nine Greatest Enigmas in Physics by Jim Al-Khalili
- From Seance to Science: A History of the Profession of Psychology in America by Ludy Benjamin & David Baker
Books About Transforming Suffering Through Acceptance
- Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl, M.D.
- An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison, Ph.D.
- Night Falls Fast by Kay Redfield Jamison, Ph.D.
- Dharma Punx: A Memoir by Noah Levine, M.A.
- Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls are Not for Sale: A Memoir by Rachel Lloyd
- No Mud, No Lotus: The Art of Transforming Suffering by Thich Nhat Hanh