This program is designed for healthy individuals, 18 years of age or older, who have no history of heart problems or severe chronic disease. An exercise program is specially designed for all participants by a qualified exercise physiologist, who also supervises all exercise sessions.
Typical exercise sessions include:
- Stretching and flexibility
- Aerobic exercise
- Air Dyne bicycles
- Elliptical Trainer
- Stair Master stair climbers
- Swimming and Aqua Jog Program at the WVU Natatorium
- Strength training with BodyMaster machines or dumb-bell free weights
Participants may exercise in the aerobic and weight room during the following times:
- Mon., Tues., Wed., Fri., from 6:30 am - 7:00pm
- Thu., 6:30 am - 11:00 am; and 2:00pm - 7:00pm
Natatorium swimming and Aqua Jog Program hours:
- Mon., Wed., Fri., 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Mon., Wed., Fri., 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Counseling by a registered dietician is available.