Continuing Medical Education Committee
To provide physician expertise and guidance to the WVU School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education. This expertise and guidance enables the Office of CME to function as a nationally accredited provider of continuing medical education credit through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
- The committee is chaired by a member of the faculty appointed by the Dean.
- The Dean appoints a Vice Chair from the voting membership.
- At least one faculty member from each clinical department within the WVU School of Medicine will be appointed by the Dean to serve a three year term. These terms will rotate so as to permit for both continuity in membership and the opportunity to welcome new ideas.
- Ex-officio voting members will include at least one representative from each of the following areas: the Charleston Division, the Eastern Division, MDTV, Office of CME, Utilization Management, and VA Affairs.
- The Dean will appoint an Assistant / Associate Dean as an ex-officio voting member to provide administrative oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities
The members play a vital role in our efforts as an institution to provide high-quality continuing medical education to our constituencies.
Their duties and responsibilities are:
- To ensure that the educational content of all CME activities meets the guidelines set forth by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (AACME).
- To establish Continuing Medical Education broad-based policies relating to the administration of the CME program.
- To provide an ongoing monitoring system to ensure that the policies adopted by the Committee foster an effective and efficient CME program.
- To ensure that the CME program meets the needs of the physicians of West Virginia.
- To assume a leadership role in the support and involvement of School of Medicine faculty in CME activities.
The CCME meets at least quarterly and at times determined by the Chair.