School-Wide Committee for Faculty Evaluation, Promotion and Tenure
To provide the annual assessment of the faculty as outlined in the School of Medicine Guidelines for Faculty Appointment, Promotion and tenure.
- Shall consist of faculty members appointed annually by the Dean. There shall be a balance between clinical and basic science faculty, as well as a membership from faculty in both the tenure and clinical track.
- All campuses shall be represented with at least one member.
- All departments that exceed the equivalent of twenty full time faculty shall have at least one representative.
- All members shall vote on decisions of promotion, but only tenured faculty members shall vote on decisions of tenure.
- The Dean shall annually appoint a Chair and Vice Chair from the voting membership.
- The Chair shall vote only in case of a tie.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To annually review and make recommendations for all faculty regarding retention, termination, promotion and tenure.
- To assure that recommendations regarding all faculty are made in accordance with the rules and regulations governing promotion and tenure of the School of Medicine, West Virginia University and West Virginia University Governing Board.
- To make recommendations to the Department committees and Chairs reviewing faculty regarding their evaluation process.
- To review and recommend to the Dean and the faculty revisions to the School of medicine Guidelines for Faculty Appointment, Promotion and Tenure as required or requested.
The Committee shall be scheduled to meet by the Chair after the closing of files of those faculty seeking promotion and/or tenure, which is typically December 31st. The Committee shall meet as often as necessary to complete its work within the timeframe established in the School of Medicine Guidelines for Faculty Appointment, Promotion and tenure.