West Virginia University Recycling Club
Description of Goals, Purpose, and Activities
This group will be dedicated to promote recycling as a habit amongst WVU medical students as well as throughout the HSC. This will involve:
- Educating students about the types of materials that are recyclable according to WVU’s single stream recycling program.
- Encouraging students to recycle sensible; rinsing out food plastic containers before placing them in the bin, flattening boxes, and recycling ONLY the top of pizza boxes; and make use of the available bins eg in 1909 and 1905.
- Working with HSC Facilities to co-locate recycling bins with trash bins on HSC, especially in the library and lobby, two areas where a lot of recyclables end up in the trash. If the HSC administration is unable to do so, we will personally arrange transport of this recycling to a local recycling center or get involved with the company who already picks up recycling at the HSC.
- Making announcements on where domestic recycling centers are and when they are open, including Grafton Walmart Saturday mornings 7-11 AMor Westover 24/7, with the option of having medical students voluntarily carpool the recycling of other medical students/friends to said places. Students may collect any material that meets the criteria for Mon County’s single stream recycling program. Materials can be collected personally, or even from friends, family, and neighbors, in an effort to promote recycling throughout the community. We will conduct weekly (or biweekly) drop-offs to give students an incentive to get involved in recycling. Community service hours will be offered: 1 trip to recycling drop-off center = 1 hour of community service.
- Participating, when appropriate, in community projects or with other campus organizations on issues relevant to recycling.
- Providing a forum for speakers to present topics of interest to the general membership.
Article I - Organization
The official name of this organization shall be the WVU Recycling Club
The group shall operate as a non-profit organization.
The group shall abide by the applicable rules and policies of Office of Student Services pertaining to student organizations.
Article II - Membership
Membership is open to all students, faculty, and staff without regard to race, creed, color, gender, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, public assistance status, or religious or sexual orientation.
Membership in the club may be defined as anyone who has submitted his/her name to the club AND participated in a club event in the current academic year.
Article III - Officers
The officers shall be co-leaders assuming equal accountability for the clubs operation and relegating tasks as ought. Together, they will all organize and coordinate the group’s activities, handle the group’s correspondence, advertising, and mailing, maintain current membership list, handle all financial transactions of the group, maintain thorough and accurate records of all transactions and coordinate membership.
All officers must be currently enrolled students at West Virginia University and registered at least 1/2 time. Exceptions to this requirement are permitted for graduate/professional students upon receipt by the Student Organization Development Center of a letter from the Director of Graduate Studies of the student's department certifying that the student is actively pursuing a degree.
Officers for the next year will be nominated by those of the current year based on their displayed avidity to practice and promote recycling
Article V - Meetings
A regular meeting shall be held at least once each year during the academic year.
Members shall be notified at least a week in advance of all meetings.
Article VI - Financial Matters
The group shall not provide monetary gain, incidentally or otherwise to its directors or membership.
Officers will be responsible for appropriate expenditures and making sure they are reimbursed by Student Services.
Article VIII - Amendments
Amendments to the constitution may be proposed by any members of the Group.
2016 - 2017 Organization Officers
Shon Rowan email@example.com
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.