Infectious Diseases Faculty and Staff
Group photo of the Faculty and Staff in front of the pylons.
At West Virginia University, our Infectious Disease department is focused on providing diagnosis and treatment of infectious, viral, bacterial, protozoal, and fungal diseases. In an effort to increase outreach to patients living with HIV, West Virginia University and
the Division of Infections Diseases has instituted the Positive Health Clinic. This program offers HIV care to patients in 33 counties of northern West Virginia. Our university's commitment to excellence is reflected in the physicians and care we offer this region.
The Infectious Diseases Section provides services consultation in infectious diseases for both inpatients and outpatients.
The Infectious Diseases Section provides:
- consultation in infectious diseases for both inpatients and outpatients
- diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases, including viral, bacterial, protozoal, and fungal
- diagnosis and treatment of HIV/AIDS
- expertise for travel-related and tropical diseases
- consultation on infection control policies and procedures
- consultation on methods for dealing with epidemics
- consultation on antimicrobial review program