MORGANTOWN - A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE
- Ranked 3rd Best Small Town in America - Men’s Journal
- Best Small City in the East- Prometheus Publications
- Recognized as one of the best small cities in the country - Relocate America’s 100 Top Places to Live! 2008
- Ranked in the top 100 medical schools - US News & World Report: Best Graduate Schools, 2008
- West Virginia has the nation’s lowest crime rate – small community feel within a large University system.
- Strong local economy: “Lowest Unemployment in the Country” March 2009- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Abundant housing in close proximity - most residents live within a 5-minute drive to the hospital.
- Recreational activities for all seasons: Rails to Trails, Student Recreation Center, hiking, mountain biking, white water rafting, skiing and boating.
- Extracurricular activities, special events, and departmental events (Intern Welcoming Party, Holiday Party, and the End-of-the-Year Banquet).
- Approximately 1 hour from Pittsburgh and 3 hours to Washington, DC or Baltimore.