The WVU Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship participates in the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) and the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). The WVU Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Each application is reviewed individually and considered based on the totality of the application content. There are no hard cut-offs for exam scores or geographic location. We invite applications from all qualified individuals.
Selection Criteria and Application Process for Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Applicants
- To be eligible for selection, applicants must apply via the Electronic Residency Applicant Service by August 15, 2018 and must be enrolled in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
- Our institution does NOT sponsor H-1B Visas; we sponsor ONLY J-1 Visas, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All applicants must have three letters of recommendation.
- All applicants must be a graduate of an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency program.
- If you are a foreign medical graduate, you must have a current, valid certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) AND have or be eligible for a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in West Virginia.
- The selection process stringently evaluates performance on the USMLE, grades in pre-clinical or clinical courses, and letters of recommendation, communication skills, and personal qualities.
- We do not have a minimum score requirement for the USMLE.
- The program does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Applicants are accepted via ERAS through August 15, 2018.
- Interviews will be conducted September 1, 2018-October 15, 2018 for a July 2019 appointment.
Goals and Objectives of the Fellowship Program
The specific objectives of the cardiology fellowship is to provide expansive training and experience in each of the following areas over three years:
- Clinical cardiology
- Stress Testing & Imaging
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Clinical Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Research
Any questions or inquiries should be directed to:
Crystal Komindo; MBA, C-TAGME
Cardiology Fellowships Program Administrator
1 Medical Center Dr
Morgantown WV 26506