The Section of Hospital Medicine provides exemplary, comprehensive patient care to hospitalized adults. Members of the section provide evidence based care for patients exclusively tailored to the inpatient setting. The hospital services are provided in Ruby Memorial Hospital.
Members of the Section provide a variety of specific services, including
- Comprehensive care admission to discharge.
- Coordination of post-acute care with patient's primary care providers and region-wide post-acute care facilities.
- Preoperative assessments.
- Routine care of both common and diverse medical illnesses.
- In patient medical consultation for surgical, cardiovascular, neurology patients as well as all other inpatient service lines.