WVU School of Medicine - Charleston will be using VSAS, the Visiting Student Application Service, to receive visiting student applications.
To apply to our institution, please complete and send us a VSAS application for your preferred electives and dates.
For For more information on VSAS, please visit www.aamc.org/vsas or contact VSAS at email@example.com or (202) 478-9878.
Please note WVU Charleston is accepting applications through VSAS by students enrolled in a U.S. LCME accredited school or a VSAS participating COCA accredited AACOM member college.
VISITING INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL STUDENTS
International students interested in an elective rotation at WVU must apply to the Global Health Office a minimum of 4 months prior to the start of the proposed elective rotation.
Please note that international medical students must: · be in their final year of education. Applicants who already have an MD or equivalent degree are not eligible for this program.
- be in good academic and professional standing, must be approved by their medical school for the elective and must provide a letter to that effect from their Dean.
- provide completed health forms with proof of required immunizations. All titer results must be provided as copies of lab reports. Physician documentation as positive or negative alone will not suffice.
- provide proof of health insurance coverage for the time period of the elective at WVU as described below.
- provide proof of malpractice insurance. Coverage must extend for the entire period of the elective rotation at WVU.
- complete the HIPAA and OSHA training modules as well as respiratory fit testing no later than the first week of the scheduled rotation.
- students must have demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken English. Evidence of proficiency must supplied by TOEFL exam, TOEFL waiver, or a letter from the Dean. Decisions regarding sufficient proficiency to participate in the elective rotation rest with WVU.
- provide a photograph and a copy of their passport showing photo, passport expiration date, and passport number.
- provide all necessary information for review by export control officer to ensure compliance with applicable federal regulations.
Please note that all documents must be supplied in English. There is $300 non-refundable fee for international applicants. This fee does not apply for students from institutions with which WVU has a formal affiliation, such as Oman Medical College. For more information on electives for international medical students, please contact the Global Health Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Medical Student Coordinator
WVU School of Medicine
Office of Student Services
3110 MacCorkle Avenue SE
Charleston, WV 25304
Phone: (304) 347-1355
Fax: (304) 347-1251