LOCATION: Ruby Memorial Hospital of the WVU Hospitals, Inc., Morgantown, West Virginia
PRECEPTOR: John Parker, MD, and Associates
DURATION: 2 weeks minimum
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT: 3 students
Provide clinical experience in diagnosis, pathophysiology, and treatment of the commonly encountered acute and chronic pulmonary diseases.
Methods to Achieve Objectives
- Supervised evaluation of pulmonary consultation.
- Supervised evaluation of outpatients in the pulmonary clinic one day per week.
- Supervised evaluation of outpatients in the Lung Cancer Clinic and Sleep Medicine Clinic one day per week.
- Supervised interpretation of pulmonary function tests, exercise test, and radiographic studies.
- Exposure to pulmonary procedures including thoracentesis, bronchoscopy, lung biopsy, and laser therapy.
- Participation in weekly case conferences on diagnostic and management problems and monthly conferences on pulmonary research, respiratory infections, and lung pathology.
- Reading and discussion of pulmonary core curriculum.
Examination Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
Contact Ms. Janet Boord two weeks prior to rotation start date. email@example.com