Women's Health for the Future Obstetrician/Gynecologist
LOCATION: Ruby Memorial Hospital, Physician Office Center
PRECEPTOR: Mahreen Hashmi, MD
DURATION: 2 – 4 weeks
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT: 1 student
This elective will familiarize students with the day to day practice of OB/GYN. This elective is designed for students interested in pursuing a residency in OB/GYN. Students will participate in inpatient and outpatient care including benign and disease processes. Exposure to general OB/GYN and sub-specialties will occur.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of women’s health including benign and disease processes.
- Students will attend journal clubs and grand rounds including M&M sessions.
- Students will be expected to write notes including plans with an evidence based approach.
- Students will demonstrate communication skills with nursing staff, medical staff and patients.
- Students will experience care in the outpatient clinics and inpatient setting as well as different subspecialties. They will be exposed to cost effective healthcare.
Methods to Achieve Objectives
Students will actively participate in patient care and attend didactic sessions.
Examination Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
Residents and faculty will evaluate the students across the core competencies. Attendance at assigned clinical and didactic activities is required for satisfactory completion.
Contact Ms. Bri Wilson, email@example.com two weeks prior to rotation start date.