LOCATION: WVU Children's Hospital and Physician Office Center (POC), Morgantown, WV
PRECEPTORS: Lee Pyles, MD
DURATION: 2 weeks minimum
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT: 1 student
To learn the art of cardiac auscultation, EKG interpretation, and its correlation with the different types of congenital heart diseases. To achieve fundamental knowledge in the pathophysiology of both acquired and congenital heart diseases.
Methods to Achieve Objectives
- Attend pediatric cardiac conferences;
- Attend cardiac clinic;
- Participate in cardiac ultrasound examination;
- Participate in ward rounds;
- Participate in ECG reading and stress testing procedures;
- Study cardiac pathology by examining heart specimens (optional);
- Attend outreach cardiac clinic.
- Attend morning rounds/report.
Examination Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
Daily observation and oral exams.
Please contact Dr. Lee Pyles two weeks prior to rotation start date to discuss your schedule and where to report. firstname.lastname@example.org / (304) 293 - 7036
If you have questions regarding the rotation, please contact Ms. Pam Casteel. email@example.com / (304) 293 - 7332
On first day of rotation, report to the Pediatric Intensive Care unit, 6th floor Ruby Memorial Hospital at 8:00 a.m.