The West Virginia University Department of Neurology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Selected applicants will be invited for on-campus interviews from October 2017 through December 2017.
NRMP Program Codes
This is the code applicants need to use to rank WVU Neurology on their rank order lists. Neurology: 1837180C0
We require the following documentation before an invitation to interview is granted:
- Graduation from an accredited American Medicine School or, for international medical school graduates, a current ECFMG certificate.
- Certified medical school transcript
- Application for Neurology: (Application)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation (current)
- Dean's letter or letter from current program director
- USMLE scores completed and passed Step 1. Dates for scheduled/anticipated Step 2/CS.
- For International Medical Graduates who require a visa, please be advised that you must obtain a J-1 visa to train at our institution. We do not sponsor H-1B visas.
- All applicants must be within 7 years of graduation from medical school.
International Medical Graduates
The Department of Neurology welcomes applications from qualified international medical graduates who seek post-graduate education in Neurology. Additional requirements for the Neurology Residency Program include:
- Successful completion of at least four credit years and graduation from a medical school listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- Successful completion of USMLE Parts I and II.
- ECFMG certification [for information, go to the website: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates(ECFMG®)
- For International Medical Graduates who require a visa, please be advised that you must obtain a J-1 visa to train at our institution. We do not sponsor H-1B visas
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Deadline for Applications will be December 1st.
Beth Zapotosky, Neurology Residency Program Coordinator
WVU Department of Neurology
Robert C. Bryd Health Sciences Center of West Virginia University
PO Box 9180
Morgantown, WV 26506-9180