West Virginia University, Department of Neurology program encourages scholarly activity during the 4 years of residency training. Residents are encouraged to present posters/papers at local/regional/national meetings.
Resident National Presentations/Publications
- "Continuous Levodpa Dosing improves REM Behavior Disorders Associated with Parkinsonism"
Quynh Vo - 2017 Van Liere Research Day
- "Successful endovascular stroke therapy in a 103-year-old woman"
U. Bruno Duru, MD – 2017 AAN annual meeting.
- “A Case of Sudden Onset Anterograde Amnesia from Bilateral Hippocampal Strokes”
Abdelrahman Beltagy, MD - 2017 AAN annual meeting
- "Information sharing with trainees as a method to reduce door-to-needle time for intravenous administration of tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic stroke"
Aman Dabir MD, Gauri Pawar MD, Matthew S. Smith MD, MS - 2016 Van Liere Research Day
- "The eyes do not see what the mind doesn't know: Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome (RCVS)" Kuldeep Patel MD - 2016 Van Liere Research Day
- "Recurrent Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome secondary to intravenous drug use"
Geetanjali Vajapey, MD, Matthew Smith, MD - 2016 Van Liere Research Day
- "Improved Admission NIH Stroke Scale Completion in an Academic Primary Stroke Center"
Eric Seachrist, MD, Sneha Jacob, MD Martha Power, NP, Angela Schaffer, RN, Muhammad Alvi, MD - 2016 Van Liere Research Day
- “Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome Presenting as Coma” Khan, M., Adcock, A - 2016 AAN
- “Novel Observation-Based Criteria for Sleep-Wake Classification in a Preclinical Model of Sleep Disorder.” Quynh Vo - 2016 AAN
- "Improved Admission NIH Stroke Scale completion in an Academic Primary Stroke Center" Eric Seachrist - 2016 Quality Improvement Fair
- "Information Sharing With Trainees As A Method To Reduce Door-To-Needle Time For Intravenous Administration Of Tissue Plasminogen Activator In Acute Ischemic Stroke" Aman Dabir - 2016 Quality Improvement Fair
- "Neurocognitive Degeneration: Diseases, Diagnosis Management, and the impact on West Virginia" West Virginia Medical Journal
Ann Murray, MD PGY4, Matthew S. Smith, MD, MS
- "Mutifocal Motor Neuropathy - Differential Dianosis" MMN Clinical Forum, AANEM 2015, Honolulu, HI Authors: Cheryl A. Smith, MD, PhD; Andrea Swenson, MD' Christopher Nance, MD
- " Successful Endovascular Intervention in Pediatric Stroke" 2015 West Virginia Stroke Conference: Dr. Muhammad Taimoor Khan
- "GAD-Antibody Encephalitis Mimicking Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease" 2015 AAN Meeting: Dr. Frank Bittner
- “An Atypical Presentation of Neurolymphomatosis” 2015 AAN Meeting: Dr. Ann Murray
- "Unusual Atypical language lateralization" Epilepsy Case Reports - Corresponding Author: Dr. Muhammad Taimoor Khan Authors: Roger Oghlakian: Mohamad Z Koubeissi
- "Neurodegenerative Disease: Risk Factors, Work-up, Diagnosis & the Impact on West Virginia" Murray, A., Smith, M - West Virginia Medical Journal
- "Successful use of Intra venous tissue plasminogen activator (IV tpA) as treatment for a patient with Cerebral Autosomal Dominant Arteriopathy with Subcortical Infarcts and Leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL)" Khan, M., Murray, A., Smith, M - Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, In press
- Boo, S., Duru, U. B., Smith, M. S., & Rai, A. T. (2015) Successful endovascular stroke therapy in a 103-year-old woman. BMJ Case Reports, 2015, 10.1136/bcr-2015-012012
- Boo, S., Duru, U. B., Smith, M. S., & Rai, A. T. (2015) Successful endovascular stroke therapy in a 103-year-old woman. Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery
- "Transient Global Amnesia as the First Clinical Symptom for Malignant B-Cell Lymphoma with Central Nervous System Involvement"
Khan, Muhammad (2015) Zafar, Atif, Khan Ghulam Ishaq, Abdin, Sahrish, Volum 2015 Hindawi Publishing Corp.
- Late-Onset Ornithine Transcarbamylase (OTC) Deficiency Unmasked By Acetaminophen Overuse, 2014 AAN Meeting poster presentation: Dr. Heeral Mehta
- "Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Safety Considerations and Recommendations" Springer Science+Business Media, LLC: Dr. Umer Najib
- "Vitamin B12 Myelopathy" Case in Point, American College of Radiology: Siddiqui, S., Pawar, G., Hogg, J.
- "X-Linked Adrenoleukodystrophy" Neurology Siddiqui, S., Pawar, G., Hogg, J.
- “Insights on the neural basis of motor plasticity induced by theta burst stimulation from TMS-EEG”
European Journal of Neuroscience: Dr. Umer Najib
- "Hashimoto's Encephalopathy Presenting with Altered Mental Status and Myoclonus and Co-Occuring with Psoriasis" J Med Cases 2013;4(5):300-303 Arshi Naza, c, Muhammad M Sheikhb , Mayada Issab