Please note: The scheduling of the classes below is subject to change but all courses will be completed.
Spring - 16 hours
- Human Anatomy for Path. Asst. PATH 603 - 6 hours
- Anatomical Pathology Techniques PATH 625 - 4 hours
- Introduction to Disease Mechanisms PATH 793 - 4 hours
- Histology PATH 693B - 3 hours
- Educational Methodologies PATH 610 - 1 hour
Summer - 10 hours
- Mechanisms of Disease PATH 752 - 8 hours
- Clinical Pathology Seminar PATH 620 - 2 hours
Fall - 17 hours
- Fundamentals of Physiology PSIO 743 - 5 hours
- Microbiology MICB 702 - 5 hours
- Medical Laboratory Management PATH 465 - 2 hours
- Advanced Microanatomy PATH 605 - 2 hours
- Autopsy and Surgical Procedures PATH 648 - 3 hours
Spring - 11 hours
- Path Assistant Practicum I PATH 627 - 9 hours
- Pathology Review I PATH 630 - 2 hours
Summer - 9 hours
- Path Assistance Practicum II PATH 628 - 9 hours
Fall - 9 hours
- Path Assistant Practicum III PATH 629 - 7 hours
- Pathology Review II PATH 631 - 2 hours
2 Year Total - 74 hours
Transfer credits are not accepted for incoming students to the Pathologists’ Assistant program (with the exception of Direct Admit students). All curricular credits in the Pathologists’ Assistant program must be satisfactorily completed. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to progress to the Clinical Rotation phase of the program.
Students who enter the MHS in Pathologists’ Assistant Program after successfully completing the WVU Program in Medical Technology will have the following course work waived providing they meet the following criteria:
- The student must begin the MHS in Pathologists’ Assistant Program no more than three academic years after completing the BS in Medical Technology at WVU.
- The student must have a grade of “B” or higher in the related undergraduate course.
Waived courses for direct admit:
- PATH 465
- PATH 610