Skip to main content
- Residents must demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population. These responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating compassion by being understanding and respectful of patients, their families, and the staff and physicians caring for them.
- Interacting with others without discriminating on the basis of religious, ethnic, sexual, or educational differences.
- Demonstrating positive work habits, including punctuality, dependability, and professional appearance.
- Demonstrating a responsiveness to the needs of patients and society that supersedes self-interest.
- Demonstrating principles of confidentiality with all information transmitted both during and outside of a patient encounter.
- Demonstrating knowledge of regulatory issues pertaining to the use of human subjects in research.
- Demonstrating a commitment to excellence and ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrating interpersonal skills in functioning as a member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.