Application and Interview Process
How to Apply
Interviews are by invitation only and arranged after the application is complete and letters of recommendation have been received via ERAS. Applications are reviewed from September 15th through December 1st. Interviews are conducted from mid-October through to mid-December.
Applications must include the following:
- Complete ERAS application, including personal statement
- USMLE Scores – required from all applicants
- MSPE Dean’s Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. (One letter must be from a pediatric faculty member. We do not require a letter from your Department Chair.)
International Medical Graduates must have the following in addition to the above:
- Eligible for ECFMG Certification
- 6 months of clinical experience in the United States
- Graduated from Medical School
The Pediatric Program accepts International Medical Graduates and sponsor only J1 Visas. All applicants are required to have a current J1 visa prior to starting residency. International Medical Graduates must be eligible for ECFMG certification.
Residency Selection Criteria
- To be eligible for selection, applicants must apply via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by December 1st and must enroll in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
- All applicants must have 3 letters of recommendation.
- The selection committee evaluates performance on the USMLE, grades in preclinical or clinical courses, letters of recommendation, communication skills and personal qualities. There is no minimum score requirement for the USMLE Step 1 and 2.
- The Department does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
The Pediatric Residency Program offers up to 6 PGY1 positions each academic year.
Pre Interview and Interview Day
Applicants and their significant others are invited to join a group of current residents for a social and informal dinner. Dinners will be scheduled for the evening prior to your interview day with reservations for 6:30pm at the restaurant. Confirmations for dinner plans will be sent out within a week of the scheduled interview day.
Interviews will be scheduled on select Wednesdays and Fridays between mid-October and mid-December. During the interview day, applicants will have the opportunity to attend a didactic session, meet with residents and faculty, and tour our facility. Our goal is to provide applicants with details and information about all aspects of the program and resident life in Morgantown. To help with planning travel arrangements, the interview day will be concluded by 3pm.
For additional information please email the residency program office: