How to Apply
For the 2017 admissions cycle beginning June 07, 2016.
The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is required of all applicants. We will only consider the new MCAT scores from April, 2015 through September 30, 2016.
2. Minimum of 3 years of college & 90 credit hours prior to matriculation. A Bachelor's degree is highly recommended.
3. Completion of premedical course work with a grade of C or better. All course work must be from an Accredited United States or Canadian Institution.
|Required Premedical Coursework|
Substitute with 3 Hours English & 3 Hours of Intensive Writing Course
Anthropology, Archaeology, Communication, Cultural Studies, Demography, Economics, Geography, History, Linguistics, Social Work, Sociology, Political Science & Psychology.
|Biology or Zoology||6 Hours|
|General Chemistry||6 Hours|
Substitute with 3 Hours Organic Chemistry & 3 Hours Biochemistry
Lab Courses must be in Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Inorganic or Organic Chemistry
Recommended Premedical Coursework:
- Cell and Molecular Biology
4. Letters of Recommendation
A Committee Letter provided by your undergraduate institution is preferred or 3 letters of recommendation of your choice. We will accept a maximum of 4 letters. Please submit all letters of recommendation to AMCAS.
The Admission Process
Step 1: AMCAS Application
Applications to the WVU School of Medicine must be submitted through AMCAS
- Application Open for Submission: June 07, 2016
- Application Deadline for Early Decision Program: August 01, 2016
- Application Deadline for Regular M.D. Program: November 01, 2016
Step 2: Secondary Application
Once the secondary application and processing fee has been submitted, select applicants will be invited to schedule an interview.
- Secondary application has a deadline of two weeks from receipt of notification email
- Secondary application fee is $100.00 and is non-refundable. We will waive this fee for those who can provide proof of AMCAS Fee Waiver.
Step 3: Interview
- Interviews begin in September and conclude in early March.
- The interview day will include a tour of our facilities, lunch with current medical students and time to interact with our students, staff and faculty.
- Each applicant will interview with two members of our committee on admissions.
Step 4: Committee Review
The Committee on Admissions meets weekly during the application cycle to review and present the applicants following the interview. Applicants will be notified of their current status on a rolling basis following the standards of notification set by the AAMC traffic rules.
Step 5: Application Status:
- To confirm acceptance, applicants must return the technical standards and tuition deposit within two weeks of the acceptance notification.
- For those holding a position on the waitlist, status updates and changes will be communicated via email or mail.
If you have questions please contact us:
Monday – Friday: 7:30AM – 5:30PM