Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
As outlined in Board of Governors Rule 1.6, West Virginia University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture by promoting diversity, inclusion, equality, and intercultural and intercommunity outreach. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, marital or family status, pregnancy, veteran status, service in the uniformed services (as defined by state and federal law), religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the administration of any of its educational programs, activities, or with respect to admission or employment.
The Division of Exercise Physiology shares this commitment to equal educational opportunity. To better support all members of our community, please find below several key resources:
- The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion offers university-wide support and resources for faculty, staff and students, while the diversity team within Health Sciences offers additional resources.
- Additional offices or initiatives that provide support to members of the WVU community include the following:
- Accessibility Services (students with temporary or permanent disabilities)
- ADVANCE Center
- Center for Black Culture and Research
- Center for Excellence in Disabilities
- Center for Women's and Gender Studies
- FirstGen (first generation students)
- Global Affairs (international students and scholars and sponsored students)
- LGBTQ+ Center
- Mountaineer Bunker (student veterans, armed forces personnel, and dependents)
- RISE WVU (Black and Latinx students)
- Women's Leadership Initiative