Immunizations and Health Information
Physical Examination, Health Insurance, Immunizations, and Titers
All students must submit a physical examination, proof of health insurance, and the following immunizations to CastleBranch by the end of the semester in which they take EXPH 388.
- Students are required to have 2 documented measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccinations.
- Students must have a diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis (Tdap) booster within the past 10 years and it must be kept current for the duration of the program.
- Students must have completed the primary series and booster for polio.
- All students must have a one-step Mantouix PPD (test for tuberculosis). The student must have this repeated on an annual basis for the duration of the program.
- Students must complete the Hepatitis B series of 3 vaccinations. Students must have had at least the first and second vaccinations in the series by the end of the semester in which they take EXPH 388. The third vaccination, as well as the Hepatitis B Titer, must be completed and documented according to the schedule recommended by the CDC for healthcare workers.
- The University requires ALL students to have the meningococcal vaccine.
All students must have the following immune (IgG) antibody titers for proof of immunity.
- Measles (rubeola), mumps, and rubella; if any titer is negative, documentation of one booster shot administered after negative titer is required.
- Varicella; if titer is negative, documentation of one booster shot administered after negative titer is required.
- Hepatitis B; if titer is negative, documentation of the repeat Hepatitis B series of shots after negative titer and repeat titer 6-8 weeks later is required.
All students are required to complete training for awareness and compliance with the patient privacy regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. This training must be completed during the semester in which EXPH 388 is taken and must be renewed annually. This training is located on SOLE.
All students must be trained in standards for preventing transmission of blood borne and other infectious agents. This training must be completed during the semester in which EXPH 388 is taken and must be renewed annually. This training is located on SOLE.
Aquatic Therapy Additional Requirements
In addition to being up-to-date with required immunizations (see above), students will also need to complete the following prior to registering for class:
- Purchase a background check through CastleBranch
- Purchase and complete a drug screen through CastleBranch
- Submit Documentation of a flu shot administered during current flu season
Internship Additional Requirements
Prior to registering for EXPH 491, students must submit CPR certification, be up-to-date on all immunizations, and they must have submitted all required titers. The PPD, HIPAA and OSHA, CPR certification, and all immunizations must all be good through the end of the semester in which the internship takes place.
Please direct your questions regarding health records and CastleBranch to:
Health Sciences South
OFFICE: (304) 293-8897
FAX: (304) 293-7105