Medicine/Pediatrics Resident Scholarly Activity
Kokab Darbandi, MD
- West Virginia Regional American Academy of Pediatrics Meeting, April 15, 2011. Case Presentation: "Mixed Connective Tissue Disease".
- "Chronic Fatigue and Swollen Joints: A Case of Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder in an Adolescent". Pending publication in Pediatric Annals in 2011.
- "Gallstone Pancreatitis in Pediatric Patients - a Common Disease in an Uncommon Population". Rossi DC, Darbandi K, Vaughan R, Kumar. WV Med J. 2009 Mar-Apr; 105(2): 13-5.
Christopher Feathers, MD
"Nephrotic Syndrome"; September 6, 2007, Pediatrics Morning Report, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
"Approach to Pediatric UTIs" ; October 4, 2007, Pediatrics Morning Report, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- "Shoulder Pain"; November 8, 2007, Pediatrics Morning Report, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
Infectious Diseases Grand Rounds
- "Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome Case Presentation"; May 13, 2008, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
Pediatric Grand Rounds :
- "CQI: Improving Proficiency with Procedures Relevant to General Pediatric Practice"; June 4, 2008, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
Collin John, MD
- West Virginia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics Annual Meeting 2011. "Screening Children for Hyperlipidemia by Primary Care Physicians in West Virginia". Charleston, West Virginia. Winner of Best Oral Presentation of Original Research.
- Department of Community Medicine Poster Day, West Virginia University.“Brain Drain: Are cellular phones linked to brain tumors?” Morgantown, WV, April 2005.
- Pediatrics Morning Report, West Virginia University. "Lipid Screening in Children." Morgantown, WV, August 2008.
- Department of Community Medicine Practicum Presentation. "The interrater relability and internal consistency of the Schedules for Clinician's Interviews in Psychiatry."
- Internal Medicine Morning Report, West Virginia University. "The Non-Ketotic Hyperosmolar State."
Morgantown, WV, April 2008.
- Internal Medicine Morning Report, West Virginia University. "Hyponatremia." Morgantown, WV. October 2006.
- Ton T, Fogg T, Fong C, John CC, Li S, Marshall JA, Peters K, Neal W, Pearson T. "Knowledge, Perception and Behaviors of Relatives of Persons with Premature Heart Disease: A Literature Review". Circulation. 2011. 124:958-964.
- Mullett MD, Britton CM, John CC, Hamilton CW. "West Virginia Birth Score: Maternal Smoking and Drugs of Abuse". West Virginia Medical Journal. 2010 Special Issue; 106(4): 16-20.
- Aboraya A, Rankin E, France C, El-Missiry A, John C. "The Reliability of Psychiatric Diagnosis Revisited: The Clinician’s Guide to Improve the Reliability of Psychiatric Diagnosis". Psychiatry. 2006 Jan; 3(1): 41-50.
- Zaslau S, John C, et al. "Board Buster Step 1". Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkins; Baltimore MD. 2006.
- Zaslau S, Riggs DR, Jackson BJ, Adkins FC, John CC, Kandzari SJ, McFadden DW. "In vitro effects of pentosan polysulfate against malignant breast cancer cells". American Journal of Surgery. 2004 Nov; 188(5): 589-92.
Research in Progress
- Breetz K, John C, Yossuck P. Case report: "A serendipitous discovery of congenital syphilis".
- Working with Dr. Martha Mullett and others on looking at the association between periodontal disease and prematurity using Birth Score data.
- Currently a member of the expert panel of the Family Based Screening portion of the Cardiovascular Health Intervention Research and Translation group. This is a portion of a CDC sponsored project to look at barriers to screening first degree relatives of patients with premature CAD. This group spans several universities nationwide.
- John C, Aboraya A. Inter-rater and internal reliability of the Schedule for Clinician’s Interviews in Psychiatry.
Josephine Reece, MD
- SIADH and Symptomatic Hyponatremia After Four Days of Citalopram Therapy. ACP West VirginiaAnnual Chapter Meeting. October 21-23, 2010.
- Muckle-Wells...Muckle What? I Think I Hear a Zebra Coming! AAP National Conference Exhibition, October 2-5, 2010.
- A Case of Dancing Eyes, Dancing Feet. West Virginin State AAP Chapter Meeting. April 9, 2010.
- A 16 year old with cryopyrin-associated disease. Poster. WVU GME Week. May 2009.
- Internal Medicine Journal Club. "Renal and Retinal Effect of Losartan and Enalapril in Type I Diabetes." JAMA, July 13, 2009.
- Pediatric Journal Club. "Impact of Early Newborn Discharge Legislation and Early Follow-up Visits on Infant Outcomes in a State Medicaid Population. Pediatrics. April 16, 2009.
Nasira Roidad, MD
- Pediatrics Journal Club: "Is Dieting Advice From Magazines Helpful or Harmful? Five-Year Associations With Weight-Control Behaviors and Psychological Outcomes in Adolescents". January 2007. Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- Pediatrics Morning Report Presentation: "Prevention of Infective Endocarditis - A review of the history and new guidelines". August 2007. Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- Pediatrics Journal Club: "Nasal CPAP or Intubation at Birth for Very Preterm Infants". March 2008. Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- Internal Medicine Morning Report: Nephrology Case Presentation - "Acute Interstitial Nephritis". November 2007. Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- Internal Medicine Journal Club: "Effect of Coenzyme Q10 on Myopathic Symptoms in Patients Treated with Statins". July 14, 2008. Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- "Mesenteric Lymphadenitis". April 2008. Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- Internal Medicine Infectious Disease Presentation: "Chronic Granulomatous Disease". September 2008. Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- CQI Project. Improving Educational Resources. June 4, 2008, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV.
- Roidad N, Gillespie S, Skitarelic K, Hummel M, Karnsakul W. "Mechanisms of Chronic Diarrhea in a Child with Congenital Disorder of Glycosylation", Type 1a. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2007; 45:E85.
- Roidad N, Skitarelic K, Gillespie S, Karnsakul W. "Isolated Positive Immunoglobulin A Antigliadin Antibody in Children with Gastrointestinal Symptoms". J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2007; 45:E83.
- Roidad N, Nuss M. "When a Headache is More Than a Headache". Regional ACP Poster Presentation. October 18, 2008. Radisson Hotel, Morgantown, WV.
Naga Sirkonda, MD
- "29 year-old young man with persistent cough and military pattern on chest xray". October 2010. ACP West Virginia Chapter Meeting.
- "Ketogenic Diet: Rapid Onset of Selenium Deficiency Induced Cardiac Decompensation". April 2011. AAP West Virginia Chapter Meeting.
- "HPV Vaccine: Three Years Later". Someshwar J, Sirikonda N. Consultant for Pediatricians. 2009;8(10):S19-S22.