Applicants must fulfill all requirements for admission to WVU and the Immunology and Medical Microbiology (IMMB) program:
- ACT Math score of 26 and a high school GPA of 3.70 or better, or
- SAT Math score of 620 and a high school GPA of 3.70 or better, or
- Place into Chemistry 115 and a high school GPA of 3.70 or better
Complete admissions information at the university requirements site.
Transfer into the IMMB program
Applications to transfer into the IMMB program from students enrolled at WVU will be accepted from December 1 until April 15 of each school year. Students will be notified of the decision by June 1 and will be admitted into the program for the Fall semester of the same year. Applications to transfer will also be accepted from May 1 until August 10. Students will be notified of the decision by August 15 for admittance into the program for the Fall semester of the same year. Applications to transfer from students outside of WVU will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Instructions to transfer into the Immunology and Medical Microbiology (IMMB) B.S. program
- Send a formal request to transfer into the program to Alex Tylka at email@example.com.
- On receipt of your request Alex Tylka will send a confirmation email to the student that the request has been received.
- The Academic Standards Committee of the IMMB program will review the student’s record to determine if they meet the requirements to transfer into the program (see below) and review the course work to date to determine if any additional courses are required.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Successfully completed Biology 115 and Chemistry 115 with a C or better
- Approval of the Academic Standards Committee upon review of the transcript
- Once a student has been notified of their acceptance into the program they must:
- Notify their current advisor of their change of major if they have not already done so. The student may want to inform their current advisor at the time they request the transfer.
- Fill out a “Change of Major” form (available from their current advisor) and send it to
West Virginia University
PO Box 9225
Morgantown WV 26506-9225
- After the “Change of Major” form has been received and processed in the Professional Programs Office, the student will be officially transferred into the IMMB program.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or better in all coursework attempted
- Students who do not maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of >2.75 will be placed on probation for one semester. Students on probation, who do not raise their cumulative GPA to 2.75 or better after one semester, will be dismissed from the program.
- Pass all required courses for the major with a grade of C or better
- A student who receives a grade of D, F, U, or W in a required Immunology and Medical Microbiology program core course may repeat that course once and must earn a grade of C or better. A student may repeat only one core course. Students who repeat an Immunology and Medical Microbiology Program core course and earn a grade of D, F, U, or W will be dismissed from the program.
- The Baccalaureate of Science in Immunology and Medical Microbiology requires a minimum of 45 hours to a maximum of 49 hours in Immunology and Medical Microbiology required courses. A minimum of 128 total hours is required for graduation, however, in some instances the total number of earned credit hours may exceed this total depending on the electives chosen.
Tuition and Aid
- See the estimated cost of attendance for our professional program.
- Please visit the financial aid website for more information on scholarships and aid.
- Please note that students from the following states are able to receive in-state tuition for the B.S in Immunology and Medical Microbiology professional program: Maryland, Georgia.