Applicants must fulfill all requirements for admission to WVU and the Immunology and Medical Microbiology (IMMB) program:
- *ACT Math score of 26 and a high school GPA of 3.70 or better, or
- *SAT Math score of 610 and a high school GPA of 3.70 or better, or
- Place into Chemistry 115 and a high school GPA of 3.70 or better
*For fall 2021 admission, the ACT Math and SAT Math requirements have been waived.
Complete admissions information at the university requirements site.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or better in all coursework attempted
- Students who do not maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of >2.75 will be placed on probation for one semester. Students on probation, who do not raise their cumulative GPA to 2.75 or better after one semester, will be dismissed from the program.
- Pass all required courses for the major with a grade of C or better
- A student who receives a grade of D, F, U, or W in a required Immunology and Medical Microbiology program core course may repeat that course once and must earn a grade of C or better. A student may repeat only one core course. Students who repeat an Immunology and Medical Microbiology Program core course and earn a grade of D, F, U, or W will be dismissed from the program.
- The Baccalaureate of Science in Immunology and Medical Microbiology requires a minimum of 45 hours to a maximum of 49 hours in Immunology and Medical Microbiology required courses. A minimum of 128 total hours is required for graduation, however, in some instances the total number of earned credit hours may exceed this total depending on the electives chosen.