Mindful Medicine - WVU School of Medicine Interest Group
The goal of the Mindful Medicine is to explore current topics within wellness and practice meditation, mindfulness, and other techniques that can be practiced by medical students and carry into their careers.
ARTICLE I - ORGANIZATION
The name of the organization shall be: Mindful Medicine.
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
The purpose of the Mindful Medicine interest group is to serve as a resource for the students of the WVU School ofMedicine to participate in meditation and wellness exercises in a welcoming environment. The organization will also organize discussions with speakers to widen our understanding of wellness and learn tasks we can apply to our lives both in medical school and in our careers.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
- Section 1. Official membership in the organization is open to any current student enrolled in the WVU School of Medicine.
- Section 2. "Active" membership shall include all official members who have signed up under our listserv.
- Section 3. The organization shall not deny membership on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, color.
ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS
- Section 1. The offices comprising the Executive Committee of this organization shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Outreach Coordinator.
- Section 2. The duties of the officers shall be:
- The President shall organize the time and date of each monthly meeting and communicate with Student Services when The President is also responsible for
- The Vice President shall assist the president in their duties and preside over meetings in the President's
- The Secretary shall maintain the Constitution and Bylaws, develop a schedule of events, record minutes when appropriate and maintain internal communication for the organization.
- The Treasurer will handle all financial responsibilities of the
- The Outreach Coordinator will act as an ambassador to non-members to continue to gain members from the medical school
ARTICLE VI - SPECIAL WVU REQUIREMENTS
We agree to abide by all West Virginia University, School of medicine as well as all West Virginia University policies, in addition to all federal, state, and local laws. We agree to communicate all required information to the West Virginia University Department of Student Services as requested.
ARTICLE VII - MEETINGS
Meetings will be scheduled to occur biweekly throughout the academic year. The Executive Committee may decide to add additional meetings where they see fit, or cancel potentially scheduled meetings given reasonable notice.
2019 - 2020 Officers President
- Eric Emery (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jacob Lambert (email@example.com)
- Khaled Aldabek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ronald Gwinn (email@example.com)
- Grant Nugent (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- John Campo (email@example.com)
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.