1.) All eligible candidates must meet the following qualifications to be considered for the fellowship:
- Successful completion of USMLE 1, 2, and 3; and/or COMLEX 1, 2, and 3
- Graduate of an ACGME accredited residency program in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine-Pediatrics, with board eligibility or board certification
- Excellent academic and clinical record
- United States Citizen, permanent resident, or Clinical J-1 visa holder or eligible
- West Virginia State medical license, which must be obtained in advance to the start date of the fellowship
2.) To apply for the Medical Weight Management Obesity Medicine Fellowship please complete the Obesity Medicine Fellowship Council standard application.
3.) Applications are accepted annually July 15 – November 1
4.) In addition to the OMFC standard application, a completed application should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement including description of career plans
- Transcripts of National Board Exams
- A copy of your Medical School Diploma
- A copy of your Residency Completion Certificate, or a good standing letter from your Residency Program Director
- A copy of your ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
- Recent photo
- Three letters of recommendation (from the director of your residency program, a recent supervisor other than your residency program director, and one additional letter from a clinical supervisor who can attest to your abilities.) It is expected that these letters are emailed directly from the writer.
Applications should be sent to Rebecca Elmo.