Fellows are encouraged to conduct research. The research agenda related to obesity is growing and is augmented by WVU’s status as a Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI); this NIH-funded institute has strengthened the research infrastructure.
Research output is expected to grow with the addition of Dr. Haggerty to the team, as she has expertise in mixed method study design, grant-writing, and practice-based research.
- Current areas of interest include:
- A statewide needs assessment for obesity medicine education
- Evaluation of the implementation of innovative obesity medical care in rural primary care
- Studying the use of mhealth in the clinical setting for patient activation in obesity treatment.
- Quality improvement in clinical obesity medicine