The WVU Rheumatology Fellowship is a two year program, with one position offered per year. The program educates fellows in a full range of rheumatologic disorders including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, gout, and many other autoimmune diseases of the connective tissues. Fellows have the opportunity to rotate with a variety of specialties including orthopedics, metabolic bone, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, dermatology, ophthalmology, and radiology.
- Journal Club
- Grand Rounds
- Research Conference
- Clinical Case Conference
Interested in becoming an Rheumatology Fellow?
If you are interested in becoming a Rheumatology Fellow at West Virginia University, the program accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). If you have any questions concerning the fellowship, please contact Christy Hayes at 304-581-1699 or email@example.com.
Fellowship Application Criteria
- To be eligible for selection, applicants must apply via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by November 1st and must enroll in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). No applications are accepted or reviewed outside of these sites.
- Our institution only sponsors only J-1 visas. We do not sponsor H-1b visas.
- All applicants must have three letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must have successfully completed an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine residency program.
- International Medical Graduates must provide proof of ECFMG eligibility for a J-1 visa by the time of interview and must be certified by the time of ranking in the NRMP.
- Selection for interview is based on all of the following; performance on USMLE/COMLEX, letters of recommendation, communication skills, and personal qualities.
- The Department of Medicine-Section of Rheumatology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Interviewing is conducted September through early November.
- Applications are accepted through ERAS July 15th through mid-October.
- We do not offer pre-match or outside of match positions. You may obtain further information on the WVU School of Medicine, Graduate Medical Education webpage.
- Our program has one PGY-4 position available for 2019.