The WVU Department of Neuroscience & Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute are pleased to announce Brain Camp is returning in a virtual format for 2021! Camp is scheduled for July 18th - 23rd, 2021. The co-ed summer camp is open to high school students entering 11th & 12th grade. Registration for Brain Camp 2021 is now open! Registration will close on Sunday, June 30, 2021.
- Cost of Camp: $200 (Limited financial aid may be available upon request)
- Brain Camp 2021 will not limit the number of campers due to the virtual nature of the event
- Brain Camp 2021 will be virtual
Students will attend presentations and demonstrations by the Department of Neuroscience faculty and graduate students. Brain Camp will provide students a unique opportunity to learn about a wide range of topics including:
- Basic lab safety, research ethics, & the scientific process
- Neuroanatomy (yes, there will be brains!)
- Effects of light at night
- Addiction and drug use
- Impacts of stroke, cognitive aging, brain plasticity, & traumatic brain injuries
- Rodent behavior models
- Human neuro-psych testing
- Neurophysiological assessment for improving human performance
- Motion capture and computer simulations of the human body
- And more…
Due to the virtual nature of camp, students will not be able to stay on-campus in a WVU residence hall (Oakland Hall) for the week. Housing, meals, and transportation will not be included, and there will be no evening programs or social outings. However, a virtual tour of the WVU campus will be included!