Omid Dehzangi, PhD
Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
Morgantown, WV 26506
Learning from Data:
Pattern Recognition and Classification, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Discriminative Training and Error Minimization, Statistical Signal Processing, Brain-Computer Interface Design, Time Series Prediction, Speech, Speaker, and Spoken Language Recognition, Motion Capture and Analysis, Targeted Advertisement
Medical Embedded Systems:
Algorithm Design, Collaborative Signal and Information Processing, Power-Aware Computing, Design and Analysis of Wearable Computers, Real-time and Self-Calibrating Devices, Cyber Physical System Design, Scalable Learning, Context-Aware Reasoning
Wireless Health & Physiological Monitoring :
Body Sensor Networks, Analysis of EEG, ECG, GSR, motion, temperature, pressure, and multi-modal systems, In-Home Rehabilitation, Physical Movement Monitoring, Diagnosis of Neurodegenerative Disorders, Biofeedback for Movement Disorders, Sports Training, Smart Home
Grants and Research
Dehzangi, Omid, Mitra, Pramita, Ford-UM alliance (Provisionally approved), “Seamless Customization of Multiple Smart Environments using Multi-Modal and Dynamic-Density Sensor Data”, $219,425, 05/15/2017 – 05/15/2019.
Dehzangi, Omid, Li, Ying, M-Cubed 2.0, “Development of an unobtrusive and pervasive pressure monitoring system to understand and enhance brace wear compliance in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis”, $60,000, 07/15/2016 – 12/31/2017.
Dehzangi, Omid, Step-2 Grant for Faculty Research by the Faculty Senate Research Support Committee, “Designing a Real-time Driver Authentication system: Gait Pattern Recognition using wearable motion sensors”, $14,800, 06/15/2016 – 12/31/2017.
Najarian, Kayvan, et. al., Toyota research pilot program, “Phase 2: Developing an In-Vehicle Emergency Medical Condition Detection System”, $1,500,000, 02/07/15/2016 – 07/15/2018.
- Dehzangi O, Iftikhar O, Li Y, Winsman J, “Adaptive Unsupervised Compliance Monitoring of brace treatment for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis”, under the 2nd round of reviews for the Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (JBHI).
- Taherisadr M, Dehzangi O, “Shoe-based Human Activity Recognition: Multi-Pressure Sensor Characterization and Selection using Coalitional Game Theory”, submitted to EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing.
- Dehzangi O, Biggan JR, Ray C, Jafari R, “A Motion Sensor-Based Method for Early Detection and Reduction of Lateral Sway Angle in Older Adults via Gait Analysis and Vibrotactile Biofeedback”, Submitted to the IEEE Transaction on Biomedical Engineering.
- Taherisadr M. Dehzangi O. “Online EEG-Based Driver Distraction Detection On-The-Road via Cooperative-Game-Theoretic Channel Characterization and Selection.”, submitted to IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (JBHI).
- O Dehzangi, V Sahu, V Rajendra, M Taherisad. (2019). GSR-based distracted driving identification using discrete & continuous decomposition and wavelet packet transform. Smart Health. Volume 14.
- Dehzangi O, Rajendra V. (2018) Wearable Driver Distraction Identification On-The-Road via Continuous Decomposition of Galvanic Skin Responses. The MDPI Sensors
- Dehzangi O, Farooq M. (2018) Portable Brain Computer Interface for the Intensive Care Unit Patient Communication using Subject-Dependent SSVEP Identification, The BioMed Research International Journal
- O Dehzangi, M Farooq, S Galster. (2018). Discriminative training of subject-dependent Gaussian mixture models for portable SSVEP identification. Smart Health. 9, 76-87.
- Taherisadr M, Dehzangi O, Hossein P. (2017) Single Channel EEG Artifact Identification Using Two Dimensional Multi-Resolution Analysis, The MDPI Sensors journal, 17:12 2895
- Dehzangi O, Taherisadr M, Changalvala R. (2017) IMU-based Gait Recognition using Convolutional Neural Networks and Multi-Sensor Fusion, The MDPI Sensors journal 17:12, 2735
- Dehzangi A, Paliwal K, Sharma A, Dehzangi O, Sattar A, A Combination of Feature Extraction Methods with an Ensemble of Different Classifiers for Protein Structural Class Prediction Problem, IEEE/ACM transactions on computational biology and bioinformatics, 10:3, 564-575.
- Dehzangi O, Zhao Z, Bidmeshki MM, Biggan J, Ray C, Jafari R. The Impact of Vibrotactile Biofeedback on the Excessive Walking Sway and the Postural Control in Elderly. Proc Wirel Health. 2013;2013:3.
- Dehzangi O, Ma B, Chng ES, Li H. (2012) Discriminative feature extraction for speech recognition using continuous output codes, Pattern Recognition Letters journal, 33, 1703-1709
- Dehzangi O, Ma B, Chng ES, Li H. (2012) Error corrective fusion of classifier scores for spoken language recognition, IEICE transaction on information and systems, 94-D:12, 2503-2512
- Boostani R, Dehzangi O, Jarchi D. Zolghadri M. (2010) An efficient pattern classification approach: combination of weighted LDA and weighted nearest neighbor, Journal of Neural Network World, 5:10, 621-635
- Dehzangi A, Phon-Amnuaisuk S, Dehzangi O, Using Random Forest for Protein Fold Prediction Problem: An Empirical Study, Journal of Information Science and Engineering, 26:6, 1941-1956
- Dehzangi A, Phon-Amnuaisuk S, Dehzangi, O. (2009) Enhancing Protein Fold Prediction Accuracy by Using Ensemble of Different Classifiers, Australian Journal of Intelligent Information Processing Systems, 10:4, 32-40
- Dehzangi O, Zolghadri M, Dehzangi A, An Efficient Nearest Neighbor Classifier Using an Adaptive Distance Measure, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin, 0302-9743, 4673, 970-978
- Dehzangi O, Zolghadri M, Boostani R, High Performance Classification of Two Imagery Tasks in the Cue-Based Brain Computer Interface, Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics, Springer Berlin, 0302-9743, 4774, 378-390