Scott Galster, PhD
Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
8 Medical Center Drive
Morgantown, WV 26506
Dr. Galster focuses on all aspects of human performance research, including physical, cognitive, behavioral, biomarker, physiological, environmental, and social measures used to assess an individual’s or team’s functional state. The focus of these efforts is to improve recovery and readiness and increase or optimize performance across multiple groups including Athletes, Military, Patients and the general Population (AMP2). He will be responsible for developing and maintaining several new initiatives in these areas, to advance the state of the art in research, and improve people’s lives.
- Gruenwald C, Middendorf M, Hoepf M, Galster S. (2018) Augmenting human performance in remotely piloted aircraft. Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance, 89(2), 115-121.
- Yue T, Jia X, Petrosino J, Sun L, Fan Z, Fine J, Davis R, Galster S, Kuret J, Scharre DW, Zhang M. Computational integration of nanoscale physical biomarkers and cognitive assessments for Alzheimer’s disease diagnosis and prognosis. Sci. Adv. 3, e1700669 (2017).
- Tao K, Fan Z, Sun L, Makam P, Tian Z, Ruegsegger M, Shaham-Niv S, Hansford D, Aizen R, Pan Z, Galster S, Ma J, Yuan F, Si M, Qu S, Zhang M, Gazit E, Li J (2018) Quantum confined peptide assemblies with tunable visible to near-infrared spectral range.Nat Commun. 13;9(1):3217
- O Dehzangi, M Farooq, S Galster. (2018). Discriminative training of subject-dependent Gaussian mixture models for portable SSVEP identification. Smart Health. 9, 76-87.
- Middendorf M, Gruenwald C, Vidulich MA, Galster S. (2017). Developing and validating practical eye metrics for the sense-assess-augment framework. In P. S. Tsang, M. A. Vidulich & J. Flach (Eds.), Advances in Aviation Psychology, Volume 2: Using Scientific Methods to Address Practical Human Factors Needs (pp. 199-216). Routledge.
- Pappada S, Papadimos TJ, Lipps JA, Feeney JJ, Durkee KT, Galster SM, Winfield SR, Pfeil SA, Bhandary SP, Castellon-Larios K, Stoicea N, Moffatt-Bruce SD (2016). Establishing an instrumented training environment for simulation-based training of health care providers: An initial proof of concept. International Journal of Academic Medicine, Vol2, (1), pp. 32-40.
- Flach J, Bennett W, Galster S (2014) Aviation Psychology: Optimizing Human and System Performance. In, M.A. Vidulich, P. S. Tsang, and J. F. Flach (Eds.) Advances in Aviation Psychology, Volume 1. Ashgate Publishing Limited, Farnham, England.
- Parasuraman R, Galster S. (2013). Sensing, assessing, and augmenting threat detection: behavioral, neuroimaging, and brain stimulation evidence for the critical role of attention. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, <7:273. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2013.00273
- Galster SM, Johnson EM. (2013) Sense-Assess-Augment: A taxonomy for human effectiveness; AFRL-RH-WP-TM-2013-0002; ADA585921; 88ABW-2013-2061; Cleared 30-Apr-13; Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433; Human Effectiveness Directorate
- Parasuraman R, Baldwin CL, Knott B, Warm JS, Finomore V, Boehm-Davis D, Galster SM. (2012). Neuroergonomics, technology, and cognition. Work: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment and Rehabilitation, 41, 5167-5171.