Thank you for your interest in the West Virginia University Radiation Oncology Residency Program! Applications are only accepted through Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS), September 15 through December 1. Any application received outside of ERAS will NOT will not be considered. Invitations are only extended through ERAS once all the required application documents have been received from the candidate.
Our interview dates are November 11, 2019 and December 9, 2019.
Residency Application Criteria
- Highest priority is given to graduates of LCME-accredited medical schools.
- To be eligible for selection, applicants must apply via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by December 1st and must enroll in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). No applications are accepted or reviewed outside of these sites.
- Our institution only sponsors only J-1 visas. We do not sponsor H-1b visas.
- All applicants must have three letters of recommendation.
- All applicants should be within four years of graduation from medical school.
- All applicants must have proof of passing scores on Step 1, Step 2C CK, and Step 2 CS.
- International Medical Graduates must provide proof of ECFMG eligibility for a J-1 visa by the time of interview and must be certified by the time of ranking in the NRMP.
- All applicants are encouraged to have a minimum of three months of US Clinical experience. This is NOT a requirement, but is highly recommended.
- Selection for interview is based on all of the following; performance on USMLE/COMLEX, grades in preclinical or clinical courses, letters of recommendation, communication skills and personal qualities.
- The Department does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Applications are accepted through ERAS September 15th through December 1st.
- Our program has approximately 1 position for PGY 2 level and you must complete a Transition year/approved preliminary year prior to beginning training at WVU.
- WVU School of Medicine offers a Transitional Year program and you must apply to them as well.
NRMP Number for WVU Radiation Oncology Residency is: 1837430A0