To accommodate upgrades and repairs to electrical facilities, there will be a planned power outage at Health Sciences on Sunday, Sept. 22, from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
The outage will affect electrical equipment (e.g., wall receptacles, lights, air conditioning, electronic card readers, etc.) at the following locations:
- Health Sciences North and South
- Annex (the addition attached to the side/back of Health Sciences)
- Erma Byrd Biomedical Research Center
- Cancer Institute (first and second floors)
- Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
Emergency power will be available at these locations throughout the outage. However, as a precaution, the Facilities and Services team recommends students, faculty and staff power down computers, printers and other non-critical electrical equipment prior to the outage to reduce loads on backup equipment. Further, refrigerator and freezer doors should remain shut during the outage.
We appreciate your patience during this scheduled maintenance. Contact Facilities and Services at FacilitiesandServices@mail.wvu.edu with any questions.