WVU faces Big 12 opponent Iowa State in the fourth game of its home schedule for the 2021 football season on Saturday, Oct. 30. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m.
Home football games disrupt normal parking and driving patterns on the WVU Medicine and WVU Health Sciences Center campus for employees, patients, and visitors. Facilities impacted include J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, WVU Medicine Children’s, the WVU Cancer Institute, the Jon Michael Moore Trauma Center and Emergency Department, the Physician Office Center, and the WVU Eye Institute.
This printable map provides an overview of game-day parking. Also, the Security Department has provided printable pamphlets for patients and visitors, as well as for employees, faculty, and residents. Note: The F3/F4 parking area will be closed starting at midnight Thursday night for maintenance related to football game preparation.
The Security Department asks employees to please be aware of the following:
- There are “Patient/Visitor” and “Employee/Resident/Faculty” pamphlets, along with a map, on Level 1 by the visitor elevators and on Level 4 by the cafeteria.
- All patients and visitors who are staying at the hospital past midnight on Friday will need to move their vehicles into the Gold-South Parking Garage located outside the Emergency Department. *See map for this checkpoint.
- All patients and visitors must pick up their game-day passes at the Emergency Department checkpoint when they arrive to park, starting Saturday morning. *See map for this checkpoint.
- All working WVUH ancillary and support staff must display a parking pass in their vehicle on game day; it can be picked up from their designated department representative.
- All employees, residents, and faculty who park in Lots A1, A2, F1, F2, F3, F4, and the new Williowdale Parking Garage will need to have their vehicles moved by midnight on Friday. Residents who park in the “E” lot will need to move their vehicle by Thursday evening.
- WVUH ancillary and support employees who use a WVUH football game parking pass during game day to park in the employee parking area at HSC and attend the game will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- All WVUH ancillary and support staff handicapped parking is designated between the Gold-South Parking Garage and the Cancer Center. The Emergency Department/CRC checkpoint officers will direct these employees to the proper location. *See map for this checkpoint.
- All WVUH on-call faculty, residents, ancillary, and support staff who are working past Friday at 5 p.m. into Saturday morning: Please park at Mountaineer Parking Garage II or Area 80 at HSC. Those arriving Saturday morning can either park at Mountaineer Parking Garage II or Area 80 at HSC. *See map for this checkpoint.
- On Saturday, at some point during the fourth quarter, when there is a mass exit from the game, the state police will change the traffic flow to one way outbound. WVUH has no control over this. Employees are strongly encouraged to allow themselves sufficient time to get to work knowing that this may occur if working on Saturday.
- The front line RVs will be blocked off with orange cones starting Thursday evening, which affects Lots A1, A2, C2, C6, C8, C10, D and E. Use all employee lots for your parking needs. Resident Lot “E” will be closed Thursday evening and needs to be cleared by Friday at 6 a.m. to ensure that RVs have no problems parking. Officers will assist with locations.
- Patient pick-up and drop-off during the game will occur through the Emergency Department from midnight Friday to noon Sunday.
- Operation Support Center (OSC) will still have the lower parking lot available for those working.
Employees with questions can contact the Security Department at 74444 or 74029.
Watch CONNECT for information about future games.