Event Location: www.wvumedicine.org/childrens/livestream
WVU Medicine Children's has a milestone event coming up on Tuesday, June 23, at 1:30 p.m. – one that you won't want to miss. The hospital will be commemorating the placing of the final steel beam on the new nine-story WVU Medicine Children’s Hospital during a virtual topping out ceremony.
For those who choose to come outside and watch, please wear a mask and maintain social distance.
Speakers at the topping out ceremony will include:
- Albert L. Wright, Jr., president and CEO, WVU Health System
- Amy Bush Marone, chief operating officer, WVU Medicine Children's
- Gordon Gee, president, WVU; board chair, WVU Health System
- Allison Anderson, director, Spiritual Care and Education
- Dan Meadows, project executive, Yates Construction
- John Schrott, president and lead architect, IKM
The event's media sponsor is WBOY / Nexstar Media Group. Promotional videos for the event are available here.
As part of the festivities, employees are being invited to sign the final steel beam June 15-22. Look for it in the common area between the back of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital and The Market @ HSC. Details are attached and highlighted below.
"It’s an exciting time for WVU Medicine Children’s," said Amy Bush Marone. "Our new hospital is going to expand our capacity to care for our most precious and vulnerable population – the children of West Virginia and the surrounding region. The dream is becoming a reality."