Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG)
Who We Are
The WVU Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG) is a school-approved organization comprised of medical students who are interested in exploring emergency medicine as a future specialty.
- To disseminate information about the field of emergency medicine.
- To foster interest and enthusiasm within the EMIG
- To assist medical students who wish to apply to an emergency medicine residency.
- To hold monthly educational meetings which may consist of lectures or hands-on workshops that teach skills such as airway management, suturing, splinting and EKG interpretation.
- To educate medical students about elective rotations available in emergency medicine.
Want to know more?
Contact any of our officers for information on joining the EMIG. However, you do not have to be a member to attend meetings.
2019 - 2020 Officers
Brad Owens - email@example.com
Natalie Green - firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Nolan - email@example.com
Nathan Mauck - firstname.lastname@example.org
Officer / Event Coordinator
- Madison Eichstadt - email@example.com
Brian Dilcher MD - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Lasure MD - email@example.com
Anthony Steratore MD - firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Links of Interest:
- WVU Department of Emergency Medicine
- Emergency MedicineResidents' Association (EMRA)
- National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMP)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM)
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.