Ophthalmology Interest Group (OIG)
The Ophthalmology Interest Group will expose medical students to the field of ophthalmology by promoting interactions with patients and doctors, or observation, shadowing opportunities, slit-lamp training, and surgical simulators. Students will also have the opportunity to conduct eye exams on one another. Students will thus be more competitive in their residency applications for ophthalmology.
Ophthalmologists: The Physicians Who Defend Against Blindness
Watch the video below to learn why physicians choose to become ophthalmologists.
Michael Gerbo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Landon Simpson - email@example.com
Ian McCullough - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ian McArdle - email@example.com
Dr. Brian McMillan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Ophthalmology Interest Group is a non-profit student-run organization associated with West Virginia University School of Medicine. Membership is open to all students currently enrolled in West Virginia University School of Medicine.
- The OIG aims to meet monthly throughout the school year, or more often if decided upon by the members.
- The OIG will be governed by medical students elected to the following positions: President and Vice-President. Additional elected positions may be added at the discretion of the governing members.
- OIG elections will be held during the final meeting of each school year or in other necessary situations.
- The OIG will work with an Ophthalmology Department faculty mentor of West Virginia University Hospitals.
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.