Otolaryngology Interest Group (OLIG)
Otolaryngology is a medical and surgical specialty that treats disorders of the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) as well as related structures of the head and neck. The OLIG serves to promote educational interactions between medical students and Otolaryngologists, allowing students to gain a greater insight into the field of Otolaryngology.
- Membership is open to all medical students currently enrolled at West Virginia University.
- The organization's officer board is composed of a president, vice president, secretary and treasurer. Elections will take place each spring semester.
- The meeting schedule for an upcoming academic year will be determined each spring by the newly elected officer board.
- A physician from the department of otolaryngology will be chosen annually to serve as faculty advisor to the ENT interest group.
- Meetings: Physicians from the department of Otolaryngology speak to students about careers in Otolaryngology, as well as medical and surgical issues common to their field.
- Clinic experience: Members are provided with the opportunity to work with physicians in clinic throughout the semester.
- Operating room experience: Members are also permitted to observe operating room procedures performed by ENT physicians.
2019 - 2020 Officers
- Sarah Callaham – email@example.com
- Grant Robertson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- River Hames - email@example.com
- Akshay Kesari - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Johnathan Castaño - email@example.com
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.