Pathology Interest Group
The mission of the Pathology interest group is to provide information about the field of pathology for WVUSOM students. The meetings will consist of lectures on different areas within pathology, resident case presentations, research within the field, and information on the advancements in pathology.
- To allow opportunity for education and discussion on topics within pathology.
- To provide current up to date information about the field of pathology.
- To foster a relationship between pathology faculty and students via shadowing and mentoring opportunities.
- To allow conversations between residents and students resident life.
- Membership is open to any medical Student.
- This organization shall not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, age, sex, national origin, military status, or sexual orientation.
- The Pathology interest group will meet 4 times a year and more if necessary to accomplish the objectives for the organization.
- The executive power of the organization shall be vested in the President. The Executive Board shall consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- The group will be governed by a president and vice president. The members of the interest group will elect all the officers including the president, vice president, and secretary at the last meeting of each year.
- Anatomical Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Molecular/Personal Medicine
- Digital Path/New Trends in Pathology
- Heme Path
- Community Pathology Point of View
- Research within industry and academics
- Casual Wrap UP/ Resident opinions
2019 - 2020 Officers
- Adriana Garrison, MS2 - email@example.com
- Philip Hurst, MS4 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary / Treasurer
- Reid Strobl, MS2 - email@example.com
- Melina Flanagan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.