Urology Interest Group
The purpose of the organization is to promote communication among members and Urology faculty, obtain information about a career in Urology, and promote the profession of Urology to medical students and the community.
The main objective in the Urology Interest Group is to serve students who are interested in a career in Urology. We will meet on a monthly basis. Our meetings will involve physicians talking about their work in the field of Urology, residency, application process, etc. Also, various workshops will be held to demonstrate and provide hands on the procedural proficiencies of Urologists. Additionally, mentoring opportunities will be available where students can receive career guidance from physicians.
- Membership shall be open to any medical student
- The executive power of the organization shall be vested in the President. The Executive Board shall consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Amendments to these bylaws shall be presented to any meeting by any member and shall be passed, after second reading, by a majority vote.
- Officers and advisors shall be elected each year, and shall be elected by majority vote of the members.
Duties of Leadership:
- The President shall preside at all meetings and serve the needs of the organization as executive officer.
- The Vice President shall perform the President's duties in his or her absence and provide assistance in various matters delegated by the President.
- The Secretary shall record accurate minutes, notify members of meetings, and submit the list of officers to the Student Affairs office.
- The Treasurer shall keep a complete record of expenses, authorize expenditures, plan the yearly budget, provide financial reports, and provide a copy of financial records to the school accounting office.
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.