West Virginia University Med School Milers
Description of Goals, Purpose, and Activities
The goals of the Med School Milers organization are to encourage health and companionship amongst students in the medical school and also hopefully with any interested faculty through regular group running events outside of the curricular setting. A regular meeting time will be set and adjusted throughout the year based on the availability in the academic calendar for all classes. Further, the group will serve the medical school through community service events, including but not limited to, running and wellness related events. The club will host at least one formal meeting per semester as a lunchtime lecture. The topics of these lectures will be related to running but in a larger context of running and personal wellness in order to make the meeting applicable and interesting to all students within and external to the core membership.
- The purpose of the organization shall be to: encourage health & camaraderie among medical school classmates upper and underclassmen and faculty and staff associated with the School of Medicine
through group wellness and running oriented activities; serve the medical school and state in a philanthropic manner; host at minimum one formal meeting per semester; and establish regular meeting
limes for running and other activities based on the academic calendar of medical students at all levels of the curriculum.
- Membership shall be open lo any interested medical student.
- The executive power of the organization shall be vested m its President. e Executive Board shall consist of President an Vice President with optional additional appointments that can be made at the discretion of the President and Vice President.
- A faculty member shall be selected by the President and Vice President to serve as the Faculty Advisor for the organization. Once the organization has been established a membership base. Faculty Advisors will be re-/elected on an annual basis by a majority vote of the group.
- The organization shall not discriminate on the basis of religion race age, sex, national origin military status sexual orientation, or in any other way possible.
- Amendments to these bylaws may be presented at a formal group meeting by any member of the group and shall be passed by a majority vote of the membership.
- Officers and advisors shall be elected each year and shall be elected by a majority vote of the membership.
- The President shall preside at all meetings and serve the organization's needs as its executive officer.
- The Vice President shall perform the President's duties in his/her absence.
- All other leadership appointments made by the President and Vice President shall perform the duties out lined by the President and Vice President.
- The Faculty Advisor shall provide advice and assistance to the executives and the membership of the organization.
2019 - 2020 Officers
Rachel Tallman- email@example.com
Amy Davis- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Snedegar- email@example.com
- Ashlyn Brown- firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Events Coordinator
- Noelle Lemons - email@example.com
- Ally Carpenter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get involved with the running club?
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.