WVU Med School Tennis Club
WVU Med School Tennis Club
Article I: Name, Purpose, and Membership
Section 1: The name of this organization will be the West Virginia University School of Medicine Tennis Club.
Section 2: The purpose of this organization will be to promote wellness and health within the student body of West Virginia University School of Medicine through tennis and related activities. Friendly competition is welcome but should never become a barrier to encouraging and helping others to enjoy the sport.
Section 3: Membership will be open to any medical student of West Virginia University. No person shall, on the grounds of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, military status, or such other factors which cannot be considered lawfully, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity within the organization.
Article II: Officers and Elections
Section 1: The executive body of the organization will consist of no less than 2 but no greater than 4 members in the following roles: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Membership Chair.
Section 2: The President will oversee the execution of the purpose and operations of the organization.
Section 3: The Vice President will perform the duties of the President in his/her absence and otherwise assist them in the execution of the purpose and operations of the organization.
Section 4: The Treasurer will manage the finances of the organization, assess equipment purchases, and secure funding to ensure all members are able to participate.
Section 5: The Membership Chair will oversee promotion of the organization and recruitment of new members.
Section 6: All aforementioned duties and responsibilities are shared goals. In the event of conflict or an unwillingness to perform the duties required by an office, the offending officer may be removed from office by two-thirds vote of the membership present.
Section 7: Elections will be determined on the last meeting of the Spring semester with a simple majority vote of the membership present.
Article III: Amendments
Section 1: Amendments to these bylaws must be approved by two-thirds vote of the membership present.
Description of Goals, Purpose, & Activities:
The WVU Med School Tennis Club’s mission is to connect students in the WVU School of Medicine through the activity of tennis.
- Provide opportunities for medical students and/or faculty to play tennis on a scheduled basis throughout each semester
- Promote health and wellness through tennis and related activities
- Hold weekly meetups at the Rec Tennis Courts for people to play tennis!
- Schedule certain meetups during the month for special themes/events, such as:
- Newbie Day - individuals who are new to the sport can come out and learn how to play
- Game Night - play team-based games
- Round Robin - schedule doubles teams or singles players to play each other, team/person with the most wins gets a prize
- Dessert Night - bring dessert for people to enjoy after an evening of tennis
Use of Funds
- Tennis balls
- Basket to carry balls
- Grips for rackets
- Water bottles or t-shirts for club membership
- Indoor tennis court usage (for when we can no longer play outdoors and have to go to a local tennis club in Morgantown)
- Prizes for winners of Round Robin - WVU SoM merch (shirts, mugs, hats, etc.)
2020 – 2021 Officers
President - Abby Rosiello - email@example.com
vice President - Paraag Gupta - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Tanuj Nanda
Advisor(s) Dr. Ashley Petrone - email@example.com