WVU School of Medicine Journal Club
This organization will be an academic organization that discusses relevant or recent scientific journal articles from published papers in any area.
The goal of the WVU School of Medicine Journal Club is to explore current scientific research and how to analyze research articles.
ARTICLE I - ORGANIZATION
The name of this organization shall be: WVU School of Medicine Journal Club.
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
The purpose of the WVU School of Medicine Journal Club is to explore research articles and the direction of current scientific areas related to clinical medicine.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. Official membership in the organization is open to any current student enrolled in the WVU School of Medicine.
Section 2. “Active” membership shall include all official members who have signed up under our listserv.
Section 3. This organization will not deny membership on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, color, or national origin.
ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS
Section 1. The offices comprising the Executive Committee of this organization shall be: President and Vice President.
Section 2. The duties of the officers shall be:
- The President shall organize the time and date of each monthly meeting.
- The Vice President shall assist the president in scheduling of the monthly meeting and preside over attendance responsibilities.
- The Treasurer will handle all financial responsibilities of the organization.
ARTICLE V - REMOVAL OF OFFICERS
Section 1. Any member may make a motion for the removal of any officer providing that evidence is presented to support the removal. Grounds for removal include the inadequate fulfillment of duties or the violation of regulations described in University policies, or any federal, state, or local laws.
- A majority vote from student members is required to remove an officer.
- The motion for removal must be submitted to and approved by the Faculty Advisors before becoming effective.
- An election for a new officer may be conducted electronically or at the next meeting, with voting available to Active members of the Garden.
ARTICLE VI - SPECIAL WVU REQUIREMENTS
We agree to abide by all West Virginia University, School of Medicine as well as all West Virginia University policies, in addition to all federal, state, and local laws. We agree to communicate all required information to the West Virginia University Department of Student Services as requested.
ARTICLE VII - MEETINGS
Section 1. Organizational Meetings will be held at a minimum of twice per semester.
2019 - 2020 Officers
Georgia Vasilakis - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Nolan - email@example.com
- Joey McGuire - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Hare - email@example.com
- Lesley Cottrell, MD – firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: While student organizations are permitted to maintain a website on West Virginia University's server, this website does not constitute official West Virginia University content. This page is developed and maintained by a student organization, and is not approved or endorsed by, affiliated with, or supported by the University. The University does not screen or control the content on this page and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of it. The views expressed here are strictly those of the page authors. Questions or comments on the contents of this page should be directed to the applicable student organization.