Educational Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of the cytopathology experience are to prepare and enable residents to:
- Demonstrate competency in the procedures involved in work-up and diagnosis of cytopathology specimens in order to effectively practice cytopathology independently
- Demonstrate professional behavior in all situations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to reviewing and improving their practice patterns and to life-long learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific basis of pathology and the ability to utilize the medical literature and modern techniques to provide accurate cytopathology diagnoses.
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form with their clinical colleagues, administrative, technical, and clerical personnel.
- Explain the policies and regulations affecting health care (i.e., CAP accreditation, HIPAA, compliance to Medicare and billing regulations, etc.)