Center for Advanced Imaging
The Center for Advanced Imaging (CAI) at WVU was established to provide superior radiological services via a rare integration of clinical imaging with research and development.
Based in the Health Sciences Center, the CAI is a 20,000 square-foot clinical and research imaging facility. The Center currently scans both clinical patients and research subjects.
To schedule a clinical MRI or PET/CT scan, please call (304) 293-7521.
To inquire about participating in research studies please call (304) 293-6898.
The CAI includes:
- a Siemens mCT PET/CT scanner and a Philips Gemini PET/CT scanner
- a Siemans 3 Tesla (3T) Verio MRI scanner,
- a nuclear imaging research and development laboratory,
- a cyclotron and radiochemical laboratory,
- a Philips Open MRI
- a Siemens Aera 1.5T MRI scanner and a Siemens Avanto 1.5T MRI scanner,
- an evoked-response and transcranial magnetic stimulation laboratory,
- a mock MRI scanner to acclimate subjects to MRI scanning.
The outstanding imaging facilities and staff at the CAI form the clinical arm of the Center. An image-focused NIH-funded group of laboratories form the other research arm.