Heart disease is the number one killer of women, claiming more lives than all forms of cancer combined. That’s why it’s important to tell your sister, mother, daughter, and girlfriend that it’s time for women to love their hearts.
The WVU Heart and Vascular Institute is partnering with the WVU National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health to help women care for their hearts. Women Love Your Heart provides free screenings, assessments, and services, including:
- Blood pressure
- One-on-one nutrition counseling
- Personal fitness instruction
- Pharmacy consultation sessions
Fasting is preferred but not required for the cholesterol and glucose tests. And, those interested in the pharmacy consultations should bring a list of their medications and supplements.
Women Love Your Heart Free Screening Event Information
- Saturday, Feb. 2, 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
- WVU Heart and Vascular Institute (located next to J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown)
For more information and to register visit WVUMedicine.org/LoveYourHeart.