Academic and Professional Standards Committee
To review the academic and professional progress of the students enrolled in the MD degree curriculum, as outlined in the Policy on Academic and Professional Standards governing the MD Degree Program.
- The committee will consist of at least 15 voting faculty members appointed by the Dean consisting of a balance between basic science and clinical faculty.
- There shall be at least one voting faculty representative from each clinical campus.
- The Director of the Combined MD/PhD program shall be a voting ex-officio member.
- The Assistant/Associate Dean for Student Services from each campus shall be non-voting ex-officio members.
- The Dean shall annually appoint a Chair and Vice Chair from the voting membership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outlined in detail in the Policy on Academic and Professional Standards Governing the MD degree Program.
- In addition, the committee shall make recommendations to the Dean and the faculty regarding standards for promotion and for awarding of the MD degree.
- Following review of each student on a regular basis, the committee will recommend those students who have satisfactorily met all the requirements for the degree as candidates to the faculty for their final consideration.
Regular standing meetings shall be scheduled by the Office of Student Services in consultation with the Chair prior to the beginning of each academic cycle. These meetings will occur at least four times annually and on an as needed basis.
|Date||Time||Place||Class for Review|
December 20, 2017
|8:30 AM to 5:30 PM||G119B||M3, M4, M1, Dual Degree|
January 3, 2018
|9:00 AM to 12:30 PM||G119B||MS2, Appeals|
April 12, 2018
|8:30 AM to 12:00 PM||G119B||MS4, MS1|
May 16, 2018
|8:30 AM to 12:00 PM||G119B||MS2|
June 7, 2018
|1:00 PM to 5:00 PM||G119B||MS1|
June 21, 2018
|8:30 AM to 12:00 PM||TBA||MS3, Dual Degree|